Cry Loud: A Multi-Faith Service of Lament and Action Post Roe v Wade
The recent Supreme Court decision on Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization is a moment of heartbreak for people of faith who believe in justice and the dignity of every person. The overturning of Roe is not a win for people of faith.
Join us for a moment of lamentation and prayer as clergy and faith leaders share the impact this decision will have on our communities and pull together for the long work of stopping the criminalization of abortion, expanding access of reproductive care and creating safe, sustainable and healthy communities where everyone can live and thrive with the dignity that God desires.
Gather with us across faiths as we grieve, pray and create a space of spiritual support and sustenance in this difficult moment. We will make sense of the moment and prepare ourselves for the road ahead.
No matter how hard the moment, we know that injustice never has the last word. In these difficult times, our faith can light the way for our neighbors and ourselves
- Rev. Jennifer Butler, Faith in Public Life
- Rev. Jacqui Lewis, Middle Church
- Elise Higgins, Director of Reproductive Rights at State Innovation Exchange (SiX)
- Rev. Katey Zeh, Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
- Rabbi Bonnie Margulis, Chair of Wisconsin Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
- Angela Williams, Co-Director for Movement Building for SACRed
- Bishop Tonya Rawls, Freedom Center for Social Justice
- Rev. Alba Onofrio, Co-Executive Director, SoulForce
- Rabbi Danya Ruttenberg, National Council of Jewish Women
- Rev. Dr. Katharine Henderson, Interfaith Alliance
- Rabbi Barry Silver Esq., Founder of Cosmic Judaism
- Dr. Tarunjit Singh Butalia, Religions for Peace USA
- Minister Shavonne Williams, Georgia Organizing Ambassador, Faith in Public Life
- Rev. Senator Kim Jackson -Georgia Senate District 41
- Kia Smith, Faith in Public Life
- Sara Benitez, Faith in Public Life