Faith in Public Life advances the moral imperative for a just, inclusive and equitable country so everyone is able to live into their full humanity.
Our coalition of influential faith leaders – who reflect the diversity of the nation – collectively discern, set faith-forward strategy and take transformative action. By building cultures of belonging and leveraging the collective power of our multifaith and multiracial coalition, our strategy hub leads us closer to realizing a healthy and equitable democracy.
We envision a country in which an experience of spiritual connection binds all people with one another and in which a sense of belonging in community gives every individual the confidence that their human rights are held sacred, making it possible for all to thrive.
Faith in Public Life’s mission is to advance the moral imperative for a just, inclusive and equitable country that allows each of us to live into our full humanity. We do this by building power and cultures of belonging among diverse influential faith leaders and resourcing them to expand the narrative on the vision for our democracy.
- Liberation: We believe in the inherent dignity and value of every person. Therefore, we build and use transformative collective power to courageously pursue justice towards communities living in joy and freedom.
- Transformative Wisdom: We believe in collective discernment rather than individual authority. Together, we identify faith-based, divine-informed and sustainable solutions that transcend our current divides, advocate for transformational policies and hold those who set policy accountable to our communities.
- Community: We believe in the collective power of a deeply rooted multi-faith community. We are committed to giving grace, deepening relationships, and creating and nurturing partnerships through shared knowledge, trust and mutual respect for one another.
- Intersectionality: We believe that everyone in our communities should be seen, heard and have what they need to flourish and be safe. We understand that our identities and the issues we work on intersect and must be addressed holistically and with intention.
- Integrity: We believe in exercising good and moral stewardship through holding ourselves accountable to a standard of active listening, communication and honesty. We are dedicated to continual improvement and seeking feedback on how we execute our vision.
Faith in Public Life Action Fund
Our sister organization, Faith in Public Life Action Fund, is a 501(c)4 organization that leverages the power of multifaith, multiracial grasstops leaders to advocate for policies that protect and advance our sacred human rights.Visit them!