Position Title: Grants Manager
Salary Band Range: $60,000-$70,000
Reports To: Senior Director of Development
Faith in Public Life (FPL) and Faith in Public Life Action (FPLAF), our sister organization, advance the moral imperative for a just, inclusive and equitable country that allows each of us to live into our full humanity and advocate for policies that protect and advance our sacred human rights.
Our coalition of influential faith leaders – who reflect the diversity of the nation – collectively discern, set faith-forward strategy and take transformative action. By building cultures of belonging, leveraging the collective power of our multi-faith and multi-racial coalition and advocating for policies that protect the full humanity of each of us, our strategy hub leads us closer to realizing a healthy and equitable democracy.
This position is responsible for managing Faith in Public Life/Faith in Public Life Action’s grants including: proposal and report writing, systems-based grant tracking, foundation relationship management, and identifying and evaluating new foundation funding opportunities.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Work in partnership with the Senior Director of Development to execute an organizational fundraising strategy.
- Own grants management: leads the Development Team to draft grant proposals and reports, oversee and update our grants database, track upcoming deadlines to ensure timely submission of proposals and reports, and edit final drafts of grant reports and proposals before they are submitted.
- Create strategic documents including memos, tailored email pitches, and program updates that communicate FPL/FPLA’s strategy and program value-add in a way that connects with the funder’s specific interests and goals.
- Conduct extensive prospect research on individuals, foundations, and organizations that are plausible potential donors, whether for general support, events, or programmatic funding; after prospect research has been conducted, work to track down individual contacts and contact information for said prospects.
- Provide support to state-based fundraising through both individual and foundation fundraising opportunities, and support state teams in realizing their fundraising goals including frequent check-ins and presenting new funding opportunities.
- Maintain and update FPL/FPLA’s donor database to ensure that all funder actions, notes, and relevant information are current and that the database serves as a living document for all staff, current and future, to utilize when reaching out to these stakeholders.
- Track grant payments and donations, reconcile monthly deposits, ensure accurate coding and deposit checks as needed.
- Assist the Senior Director of Development in preparing the FPL/FPLA team for in-person meetings, calls, and external engagements where funders are present.
- Attend and support FPL/FPLA fundraising events and those of organizational partners, working to expand our network while serving as an ambassador for the organizations.
- Support development team in implementing racial equity goals within our fundraising efforts.
- At least two years experience working in nonprofit fundraising/development
- Highly motivated, able to engage and respond on a professional level to a broad range of stakeholders, especially the ability to work effectively with foundation funders
- Must be an excellent writer with attention to detail, the ability to listen and communicate clearly and accurately (both verbally and in writing)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to independently and successfully manage cross department projects
- Demonstrated professional standards and unwavering integrity and ethical conduct
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, including independent thinking and problem-solving
- Must demonstrate a track record of reliability and dependability
- Demonstrated energy, optimism, and passion for the mission of FPL/FPLA
- Knowledge or prior use of Salesforce (or another CRM Database)
- Familiarity with organizing and/or nonprofit communications
Compensation and Benefits
This is a manager level position with a salary range up to $70,000 dependent upon experience.
We offer generous and comprehensive benefits package including full medical, dental and vision premium coverage, life insurance, and an FSA/DCA savings plan. Faith in Public Life provides a 401k benefit that offers a dollar-for-dollar match of up to 3% of an employee’s contribution. We provide 15 paid vacation days, 10 paid sick days, 13 paid federal holidays, and additional paid leave, including the week between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Grants Manager” in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Faith in Public Life provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.