Finance and Operations Manager (DC preferred)
Position Title: Finance and Operations Manager
Position Location: Hybrid; will be required to come in the office 1 day per week and as needed; Washington DC preferred
Salary Range: Starting at $65,000, commensurate with experience
Faith in Public Life (FPL) and Faith in Public Life Action (FPLAF), our sister organization, advance the moral imperative for a just, inclusive and equitable country that allows each of us to live into our full humanity and advocate for policies that protect and advance our sacred human rights.
Our coalition of influential faith leaders – who reflect the diversity of the nation – collectively discern, set faith-forward strategy and take transformative action. By building cultures of belonging, leveraging the collective power of our multi-faith and multi-racial coalition and advocating for policies that protect the full humanity of each of us, our strategy hub leads us closer to realizing a healthy and equitable democracy.
- Work closely with FPL/A’s external accounting team to ensure that the organization(s) are implementing best fiduciary stewardship practices for all financial processes.
- In consultation with FPL/A’s external accounting team, ensure timely bill payments and invoice processing
- Track all contracting/consulting relationships, providing template contracts and ensuring contracts are signed for all vendor relationships and W9’s are provided
- Ensure expense reports are submitted within one month of expense incurrence, for all organizational credit cards as well as staff submissions
- Maintain and ensure validity of all organization registrations including but not limited to: business licenses, entity registration, charitable solicitation registration, etc.
- Manage organizational credit card accounts, collecting receipts, coding, and submitting expense reports, in coordination with external accounting vendor, Marcum.
- Manage all bills that come through the administrative account and submit them for payment. This includes but is not limited to: benefits, property rent, legal counsel, etc.
- Mail system management and tracking, including sorting and addressing additional invoices and notices, under the guidance of the Interim Operations Director (in office)
- Research and aid leadership in the collaborative development and implementation of new office systems and policies to support rapidly changing work environments and staff needs
Technology and Systems
- Serve as the liaison between FPL’s external IT vendor, Marcum, and all staff
- In collaboration with Marcum IT, identify and execute opportunities to enhance FPL’s security, storage, data, and overall IT practices, in line with industry best practices
- Serve as the main point of contact for FPL staff on all software-related concerns:
- Document all IT policies as they are created, and disseminate them to staff and leadership
- Collaborate with internal departments on resource management, documenting processes, and maintaining records and trends in resource management
- Strong accounting, finance and financial analysis skills
- Strong strategic, big picture, analytical and problem-solving skills: The candidate will be able to use data to drive decision making, adapt plans, and measure progress but will be comfortable operating in an environment of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Strong collaborative skills, which include working in a team setting to solve problems, increase efficiency, and achieve strategic goals with fellow executive and operations team members.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written), including editing and writing; experience presenting to large groups as a subject matter expert and facilitating in- person and virtual group discussions
- Commitment to and experience in advancing diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility in the workplace, as well as a commitment to a thoughtful, reflective, and intentional workplace culture
- Commitment to FPL/A’s mission and working with faith leaders and faith messaging in the pursuit of social justice
Please send your resume and cover letter to Shanice Smith at email@example.com with “Finance and Operations Manager” in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Faith in Public Life provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.