DREAM Act Advocacy
With news that the DREAM Act may come up for a vote as early as this week, the religious community is ramping up their advocacy on this important justice issue. Here are a few stories highlighting these efforts:
- Faith Leaders Back DREAM Act for Undocumented Youth – Christian Post
- Wenski calls for DREAM passage – Miami Herald
- Pray for Bernard, Pray for the DREAM – Sojourners
- Christians join last-ditch effort to pass immigration reform for youngsters – Associated Baptist Press
- Bishop, school president march for illegal immigrant student bill – Orange County Register
Meanwhile, opponents of reform have taken to spreading misinformation about the bill to erode public support. Here are two useful fact checks that set the record straight.