Jobs / Internships
Operations and Fundraising Associate
Faith in Public Life seeks a talented, highly organized Operations and Fundraising Associate with a passion for making things run well. This individual will facilitate a smooth running and effective organization. The position is an excellent opportunity to gain an understanding of the progressive faith community, to grow in non-profit fundraising and administration and hone writing skills.
The Operations and Fundraising Associate will manage the administrative functions of the office and assist with fundraising reports, grants and materials.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Successfully executing the office operations, including preparing and filing bills for the bookkeeper, tracking timesheets and reviewing invoices
- Overseeing the administrative calendar and contract services, identifying and executing ways to increase efficiency and lower costs of vendors (e.g, IT, phone system, retirement plan, health care plan
- Serving as point person for staff IT needs
- Assembling proposals and grant reports, updating fundraising related sections of website and researching prospective foundations
- Managing the calendar of the Executive Director, including triaging and prioritizing appointments and providing logistical support for internal and external meetings
- Coordinating logistics and participation for board meetings and FPL-sponsored events
- Arranging travel– flights, lodging and ground transportation
- Executing general office management including ordering office supplies, liaising with tech support and website designer, and orienting staff in office procedures
- Answering general phone inquiries
- Working with external vendors to provide information and renew policies as needed (e.g., state nonprofit registrations, filing taxes)
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- At least two years experience in administrative support and fundraising
- Interest in taking ownership of projects and results
- Detail-oriented and highly organized mindset
- Excellent verbal communications and interpersonal skills and ability to be both assertive and diplomatic– able to organize principals for meetings and nail down dates and details
- Ability to write effectively, efficiently and professionally
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Comfort troubleshooting basic computer challenges and learning new software programs.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Operations and Fundraising Associate”. FPL provides a competitive compensation and benefits package and is an equal-opportunity employer.
Communications and Outreach Intern
Faith in Public Life seeks a Communications and Outreach Intern to work 20 hours a week to provide support to our programmatic operations. This is an opportunity to gain communications and outreach experience by working with the leading organizations in the field of religion and politics.
This internship comes with a travel stipend of $600 per month contingent upon fulfilling 20 hours per week.
- Assist FPL staff in identifying opportunities in the news and political environment to amplify the message of the faith leaders and organizations
- Research different segments of the faith community to identify dynamic faith leaders working for justice and the common good
- Compile press lists and make pitch calls to media outlets
- Assist Communications Staff with social media tracking and outreach; assist Media Relations Associate in tracking media hits
- Assist FPL’s Senior Organizer in conducting outreach to strengthen relationships with our faith partners and cultivate new partners, generally via phone calls
- Track political developments that relate to FPL’s educational and issue campaign work
- Occasionally attend meetings or events with FPL staff
- Other duties as assigned by FPL staff; interns also have the opportunity to design their own projects as approved and supervised by FPL staff
- Undergraduate student
- Strong research skills, with the ability to take on large projects and see them through to successful completion
- Strong appetite for news, demonstrated interest in the media
- Demonstrated knowledge and awareness of current political and policy issues
- Eagerness to engage with constituents both personally and over the phone
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to bring people together around shared goals
- Experience or demonstrated interest in working with faith leaders and/or communities
- Flexibility to adapt as the organization’s tasks and priorities constantly shift with the political environment
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Internship” in the subject line. Faith in Public Life is an equal opportunity employer. We accept internship applications on a rolling basis.