Jobs / Internships
Outreach & Communications Intern (Summer 2016)
Faith in Public Life seeks a Communications and Outreach Intern to work 40 hours a week to provide support to our programmatic operations. This is an opportunity to gain communications and outreach experience by working with the leading organizations in the field of religion and politics. This internship comes with a stipend of $1200 per month contingent upon fulfilling 40 hours per week.
- Assist FPL staff in identifying opportunities in the news and political environment to amplify the message of the faith leaders and organizations
- Research different segments of the faith community to identify dynamic faith leaders working for justice and the common good
- Compile press lists and make pitch calls to media outlets
- Assist Communications Staff with social media tracking and outreach; assist Media Relations Associate in tracking media hits
- Assist FPL’s Senior Organizer in conducting outreach to strengthen relationships with our faith partners and cultivate new partners, generally via phone calls
- Track political developments that relate to FPL’s educational and issue campaign work
- Occasionally attend meetings or events with FPL staff
- Other duties as assigned by FPL staff; interns also have the opportunity to design their own projects as approved and supervised by FPL staff
- Undergraduate or graduate student
- Strong research skills, with the ability to take on large projects and see them through to successful completion
- Strong appetite for news, demonstrated interest in the media
- Demonstrated knowledge and awareness of current political and policy issues
- Eagerness to engage with constituents both personally and over the phone
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to bring people together around shared goals
- Experience or demonstrated interest in working with faith leaders and/or communities
- Flexibility to adapt as the organization’s tasks and priorities constantly shift with the political environment
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “ Summer 2016 Internship” in the subject line. Faith in Public Life is an equal opportunity employer.
FPL is now accepting Applications for Summer 2016. The deadline for applications is April 30, 2016.